Dr. Hartwig Henry Hochmair
Dr. Hochmair leads the Geomatics program at the Fort Lauderdale Research and Education Center (FLREC). The primary goal of the Geomatics program is to prepare students for careers as practitioners and researchers in response to the increasing demand for licensed surveyors and experts in geospatial technologies. Using the general framework of Geographic Information Systems (GIS), Dr. Hochmair provides leadership in teaching activities and research related to the analysis and quality assessment of geodata and geodata visualization.
- Ph.D.,Geographic Information Science, Technical University of Vienna, Austria, 2002
- M.S., Surveying and Geodesy, Technical University of Vienna, Austria, 1998
- M.A., Electroacoustic Composition, University for Music and Performing Arts, Vienna, Austria, 2000
Service and Honors
- Recipient of the 2019 NACTA (North American Colleges and Teachers of Agriculture) Excellence in Teaching and Learning with Technology Award
- Recipient of the 2014 NACTA (North American Colleges and Teachers of Agriculture) Teacher Fellow Award.
- Editorial board member of geographies, ISPRS International Journal of Geo-Information, Journal of Location Based Services
- Reviewer for 30+ scientific journals.