Programs at FLREC play a major role in helping Florida's multi-billion dollar-a-year plant industry. Environmentally safe management and conservation practices.
- New ornamental crop development with an emphasis on tropical and subtropical species.
- New production technologies for ornamental crops.
- Investigation and utilization of natural, biological control techniques for pests of ornamental plants.
- Promotion of the utilization of recycled urban waste.
- Fulfillment of the needs of South Florida's horticultural and allied industries.
- Dissemination of information to the public through cooperative extension programs.