University of Florida
Fort Lauderdale Research & Education Center
3205 College Ave
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33314-7719
- M.S. Geographic Information Systems, University of Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya, 2018
- B.Sc. Geospatial Engineering, University of Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya, 2013
Full papers in peer-reviewed journal:
- Owuor, I.; Hochmair, H.H. An Overview of Social Media Apps and their Potential Role in Geospatial Research. ISPRS Int. J. Geo-Inf. 2020, 9, 526.
Full papers in peer-reviewed conference proceedings:
- Owuor, I., Hochmair, H. H., and Cvetojevic, S.: Tracking Hurricane Dorian in GDELT and Twitter, AGILE GIScience Ser., 1, 19, https://doi.org/10.5194/agile-giss-1-19-2020, 2020. 23rd AGILE Conference on Geographic Information Science.
Short papers in peer-reviewed conference proceedings:
- Owuor, I., Hochmair, H. H., & Paulus, G. (2022). The Effect of COVID-19 on the Origins of Florida State Park Visitors and Online Reviewers. AGILE: GIScience Series, 3, 1-7.
- Marshall Plan Scholarship (2022).
- Jack A. Falk III Scholarship for Everglades Conservation, Restoration, and Sustainability (2021)
- American Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing (ASPRS) 2021 Paul R. Wolf Memorial Scholarship
- Fall 2020 FSMS Broward Chapter scholarship
- Travel grant from the Open Source Geospatial Foundation (OSGeo) to attend the Free and Open Source Software for Geospatial 2018 (FOSS4G2018) conference in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, 2018