Dorota L Porazinska
Title - Courtesy Assistant Professor, Ecologist, Nematologist
Department - Entomology and Nematology
Specialty - Nematode Diversity
Telephone - 954-577-6332
E-mail - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ph.D., 1998: Department of Entomology and Nematology, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL.
- M.S., 1994: Institute of Ecology, University of Georgia, Athens, GA.
- M.S., 1991: Biology and Earth Sciences, University of Nicolaus Copernicus, Torun, Poland.
- Courtesy Assistant Professor (2002 – ), University of Florida, Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Science Teacher (2004 – 2006), Chaminade College Preparatory, Hollywood, FL
- Scientist (1998 – 2002), Natural Resource Ecology Laboratory, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO
- 90% Research
- 10% Extension
Areas of Expertise
- Nematode diversity
- Soil ecology
- High-throughput sequencing
- Melaleuca quinquenervia - a model system for elucidating belowground mechanisms of plant invasions.
- Pyrosequencing for Determining Nematode Soil Biodiversity and Abundance
- Nematodes of the tropical rainforests of Costa Rica
- Porazinska DL, Giblin-Davis RM, Powers TO, Farmerie W, Kanzaki N, Morris K, Sung W, and Thomas WK. Evaluating High-Throughput Sequencing as a method for Metagenomic Analysis of Nematode Diversity. Molecular Ecology Resources: 2009
- Porazinska DL, PD Pratt, and RM Giblin-Davis. 2007. Consequences of Melaleuca quinquenervia invasion on soil nematodes in the Florida Everglades. Journal of Nematology 39:305-312.
- Porazinska DL, RD Bardgett, MB Blaauw, HW Hunt, AN Parsons, TR Seastedt, and DH Wall. 2003. Relationships at the aboveground-belowground interface: plants, soil biota, and soil processes. Ecological Monographs 73:377-395.