University of Florida
Fort Lauderdale Research & Education Center
3205 College Ave
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33314-7719
- MS, Statistics for Biomedicine, the Environment, and Technology, University of Rome -La Sapienza (Italy), 2010
- BS, Statistics and Information Systems, University of Florence (Italy), 2007
Spatial Analysis & Statistics, Dynamic Simulation Modeling, Extreme Value Analysis, Natural Hazards, Species Distribution Modeling
- Tonini, F., Hochmair, H.H., Scheffrahn, R.H., DeAngelis, D.L. (In press). Simulating the spread of an invasive termite in an urban environment using a stochastic individual-based model. Journal of Environmental Entomology: Population Ecology.
- Tonini F., Jona Lasinio G., Hochmair H.H. (2012) “Mapping Return Levels of Absolute NDVI Variations for the Assessment of Drought Risk in Ethiopia.” International Journal of Applied Earth Observation and Geoinformation, Volume 18, August 2012, Pages 564-572. PDF.
Short Paper, Extended Abstracts, Conference Proceedings
- 94th Annual Meeting of the Florida Entomological Society, July 24-27, 2011, Ft. Myers, FL. “Stochastic Simulation of Termite Dispersal in a Homogeneous Environment Using an Individual-Based Modeling Approach.”
- ESRI International User Conference, July 11-15, 2011, San Diego, CA. “A Space-Time Simulation Model for Termite Dispersal in South Florida”
- Graduate Fellowship Award (2010-2014)
- Grinter Fellowship Award (2010-2011)
- 3rd place PhD competition at the Florida Entomological Society conference (July 2011)
- Certificate of Outstanding Achievement for 4.0 GPA (Fall 2010)