University of Florida
Fort Lauderdale Research & Education Center
3205 College Ave
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33314-7719
- German Diplom (Equivalent to BS and MS) in Geography, Minors: Urban Planning, Political Science; Rheinische Friedrich-Wilhelms-University Bonn, Germany, 2009
Volunteered Geographic Information, Pedestrian Routing, OpenStreetMap, Location Based Services, Web Mapping
Papers in peer-reviewed journals:
- Zielstra, D., Hochmair, H. H., and Neis, P. (accepted). Assessing the Effect of Data Imports on the Completeness of OpenStreetMap – A United States Case Study. Transactions in GIS.
- Zielstra, D., and Hochmair, H. H. (2012). Using free and proprietary data to compare shortest-path lengths for effective pedestrian routing in street networks. Transportation Research Record: Journal of the Transportation Research Board, 2299, 41-47. PDF
- Neis, P., Zielstra,D. and Zipf, A. (2012). The Street Network Evolution of Crowdsourced Maps – OpenStreetMap in Germany 2007-2011. Future Internet, Volume 4(1), pp. 1-21.
- Zielstra, D. and Hochmair, H. H. (2011). A Comparative Study of Pedestrian Accessibility to Transit Stations Using Free and Proprietary Network Data. Transportation Research Record: Journal of the Transportation Research Board, Volume 2117, pp. 145-152. PDF
Full papers in peer-reviewed conference proceedings:
- Hochmair, H. H. and Zielstra, D. (accepted). Development and Completeness of Points Of Interest in Free and Proprietary Data Sets: A Florida Case Study. In GI_Forum 2013. Berlin: Wichmann.
- Hochmair, H. H., Zielstra, D., and Neis, P. (2013). Assessing the Completeness of Bicycle Trails and Designated Lane Features in OpenStreetMap for the United States and Europe. Proceedings of Transportation Research Board – 92nd Annual Meeting, Washington, D.C. Transportation Research Board of the National Academies.
- Hochmair, H.H., and Zielstra, D. (2012). Positional Accuracy of Flickr and Panoramio Images in Europe. In Jekel, T., A. Car, G. Griesebner and J. Strobl (Eds.), GI_Forum 2012: Geovisualization, Society and Learning (pp. 14-23). Berlin: Wichmann. PDF
Articles in non-refereed journals:
- Zielstra, D. and Hochmair, H. (2011): United States Digital Street Data: A Comparison between Free and Proprietary Datasets, GIM International, 25(7), 29-33, Netherlands. (invited publication)
- Hochmair, H. H. and Zielstra, D. (2011). An Introduction to Freely Available Street Network Data (#FOR281). University of Florida Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences. Available at: http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/fr343.
- Zielstra, D. (2011) Analyzing Accessibility of Transit Stations Using Free and Commercial Geodata, ESRI User Conference, San Diego, CA. PDF
- Zielstra, D. and Zipf, A. (2010). A Comparative Study of Proprietary Geodata and Volunteered Geographic Information for Germany. 13th AGILE International Conference on Geographic Information Science, Guimaraes, Portugal.
- Zielstra, D. and Zipf, A. (2010). Quantitative Studies on the Data Quality of OpenStreetMap in Germany. GIScience 2010 – Sixth International Conference on Geographic Information Science, Zurich, Switzerland.
- UF/SFRC Outstanding Geomatics PhD Student (2013)
- Grinter Fellowship Award (2010-2011)