Geospatial Analyst – Plant City
Organization: Mueller Service Co
Title: Geospatial Analyst II
Location: Tampa/Plant City, Fl USA
Application Deadline: 2012-06-22
Mueller Service Company, a division of Mueller Co. and a leading multi-state contractor for repair and maintenance of potable water distribution systems, has an immediate opening for a Geospatial Analyst Level 2. The Geospatial Analyst II/III position will be based and performed out the company’s headquarters location in Plant City, Florida.
• Date Opened 06/18/2012
• Filing Deadline 06/22/2012
• Salary $50,000. – $60,000
• Department GIS
• Employment Type Full-Time
The Geospatial Analyst II will provide specialized services related to the development of GIS data, mapping and reporting on projects for our municipal utilities clients. Projects include but are not limited to assessments, repair, and maintenance on Water Systems; Valves, Hydrants and Piping Systems using industry technology including Trimble GPS and ESRI solutions. The GIS Analyst II will perform necessary processing, analysis, product preparation, and project management, of field collected feature data of water utility features. The successful candidate must have the ability to perform independently and within a Team environment, and collaborate on work-flows and project approaches to improve production.
Duties will include, but not be limited to, the following:
• Daily file management and maintaining reporting functions
o Daily audits of reported and collected data
o Preparation and Maintenance of Project Status reports
• Data development & processing will involve daily migration of field collection data into a production GIS
• Performing quality assurance testing
• Analysis and data development of GIS:
o Using Geoprocessing tools such as Model-Builder, Python, SQL, Data Reviewer, etc.
• Workflow Management of varied stages of data-collection and processing; Collection, QC, Punch-Work, Re-works, etc.
• Preparation, transmission, and communication of product deliverables to Clients
• Organization and attention to detail are required.
• Graduation from high school or possession of a GED certificate; and Three years of experience in GIS hardware and software support.
An Associate’s or higher degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Geography, Urban or Regional Planning, Mathematics, Computer Science or Management Information Systems; and One year of experience in GIS hardware and software support.
• Verifiable work experience with ESRI ArcGIS (v.9 & 10) solutions
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing within the framework of the GIS Department, Sales and Operations, and with Clients as needed.
• Intermediate to advanced computer skills: Must be able to manage project schedules, email and phone communications, Remote systems collaboration, Microsoft Office applications, Google Docs, etc.; Email, Documents, Technical Writing, Spreadsheets, File Sharing, FTP, Drop BOX, etc.
• Though will include minimal travel, the candidate must be able to travel. May include limited overnight travel to various company locations in multiple states.
• Must be able to work overtime on an as-needed basis.
Technical Qualifications (In order of desired priority):
1. Experience in the Water Utilities industry
2. Experience with managing technical project workflow
3. Experience with Model Builder and Geo-processing tools
a. Working knowledge of Python and ArcPy scripting
4. Experience working with MS Access
5. Working knowledge of a Geometric Network
6. Working knowledge of SDE Versioned Editing
7. Experience working with various GIS formats; Shapefile, PGDB, FileGDB, SDE, and various Export/Import formats
8. Experience with SDE Data Management; Replication, Versioning, Reconcile & Conflict Management, etc.
9. Experience with Web based GIS; Feature and Map Services, etc. Also, building/maintaining GIS Web applications; IIS, Silverlight, .Net, Java, etc.
10. Knowledge of working with Trimble data collectors and field data collection, data files and Trimble applications including TerraSync and Pathfinder Office and/or GPS Analyst extension for ArcGIS
Applicants not meeting the “Required Qualifications” above will not be considered for this position. Mueller Service Company encourages only those applicants with a strong match to the items listed above to apply. Preference will be given to those applicants matching a majority of listed Technical Qualifications.
Primary work hours will be Monday through Friday. Work hours will vary based on current projects, but will generally have a start time between 7:00 – 8:00 a.m. and ending times between 4:00 – 5:00 p.m.
Individuals interested in this position email a Resume to email@example.com. Applications mailed, faxed, or dropped off will not be reviewed
Please include a descriptive cover letter with contact information and desired hourly pay requirements.
Applications will be reviewed beginning June 22, 2012 and will continue to be reviewed until the successful applicant is chosen.
Mueller Service Company will contact desired applicants to proceed in the hiring process. Please do not contact Mueller Service Company regarding the status of your application.
Mueller Service Company offers an excellent salary and benefits package. Current benefit offerings include: medical and dental insurance, 401K plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan program, short-term disability benefits, vacation, tuition reimbursement program, company-provided life insurance, long-term disability and supplement insurance at group rates, and much more.
Mueller Service Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.