Dr. Monica Elliott
Extension: Fungal Palm Diseases
Dr. Elliott provides leadership in Extension programs and communicates current research findings to state and county Extension faculty, professional landscape managers, landscape architects, arborists and homeowners regarding diagnosing and management of palm diseases.
Extension activities include a 2-day palm problem workshop for professionals (3 to 4 times each year) and a 1-day palm workshop for Master Gardeners (multiple times each year).
Major Extension publications, other than EDIS, include:
- Broschat, T. K., and M. L. Elliott. 2009. Disorders and Diseases of Ornamental Palms, 2nd edition. SP 360. University of Florida, Coperative Extension Service, Gainesville, FL. (ID Card Deck)
- Broschat, T., K., and Elliott, M. L. Translated by A. Delgado. 2009. Desórdenes y Enfermedades de las Palmas Ornamentales (2 Edición). SP 360-S. University of Florida, Cooperative Extension Service, Gainesville, FL.
- Broschat, T. K., M.L. Elliott, I. Maguire. 2010. Symptoms of Diseases and Disorders. In A Resource for Pests and Diseases of Cultivated Palms. University of Florida, Identification Technology Program, CPHST, PPQ, APHIS, USDA; Fort Collins, CO. http://itp.lucidcentral.org/id/palms/symptoms
- This key has been developed into a free app for smart phones, both for iOS and android phones.
- Key to Palm Problems http://flrec.ifas.ufl.edu/palm_prod/palm_problems.shtml